These are the dates holidays will be observed for classified employees. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, it is observed the Friday before; if it falls on a Sunday, it is observed on the following Monday.
- New Year's Day – Thursday, January 1, 2015
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 19, 2015
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25, 2015
- Independence Day - Friday, July 3, 2015
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7, 2015
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 26, 2015
- Day after Thanksgiving - Friday, November 27, 2015
- Christmas Eve Day - Thursday, December 24, 2015
- Christmas Day - Friday, December 25, 2015
- New Year's Day – Friday, January 1, 2016
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 18, 2016
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 30, 2016
- Independence Day - Monday, July 4, 2016
- Labor Day - Monday, September 5, 2016
- Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 24, 2016
- Day after Thanksgiving - Friday, November 25, 2016
- Christmas Eve Day - Friday, December 23, 2016
- Christmas Day - Monday, December 26, 2016
Special Day of Leave
Full-time classified employees receive eight hours of leave, prorated for part-time staff, This day may be used on the day before or day after Christmas or New Year's Day holidays. The university may be open those days, and time off should be scheduled to maintain departmental services. OPEU and GCIU employees receive this day under the terms of their collective bargaining agreements. See December and January Holidays Information and Schedule.
SEIU- represented temporary employees are not eligible for holiday pay but do earn time-and-a-half for work performed on a recognized holiday.
Please contact Human Resources, 6-3159, if you have questions.